Q: I was charged for goods that I no longer need, can you stop the order?
Our teams work hard to dispatch orders quickly to get them to your hungry pets as soon as possible, so, unfortunately, we are unable to prevent orders from shipping once payment has been processed and the order is confirmed.
Your right to cancel
As per online and distance selling regulations, you may have the right to cancel your order after it has been placed. If you change your mind or make a mistake and wish to cancel your order, you can do so within 14 days of receiving your items by first contacting us to notify our team of the cancellation (see here for guidance). Please provide your order reference/number, which you can find in your order confirmation email. If your item has already arrived with you, then you must make your own return delivery arrangements and will be responsible for paying the costs of returning the order to us. The original shipping costs are non-refundable and will be deducted from any refunds given.
An additional £5.00 return shipping fee will be deducted from any refunds given in the event that your order is returned to us by the original courier, due to:
- Refusing to accept the order when it arrives at your address
- Cancelling an order during transit that is already on route to you
- Providing an invalid or incomplete delivery address, which resulted in a failed delivery and the item being returned
- Missing the delivery after multiple attempts and failing to re-arrange or collect your order from a pick-up shop
- A breach of our terms of service that resulted in the order being returned to us before delivery was completed
Customers who opt for recurring subscription arrangements are able to cancel or skip an upcoming order using the subscription portal at any time before the charge is taken and an order is placed*. You will receive a reminder email 7 days before the order is due to be put to our warehouse.
For further guidance on refusing an order, please see: Can I refuse my parcel?
*Orders placed are assigned a 'HAR' reference number which you'll usually receive via email. These can also be found in your purchase history within your Harringtons website account